About the Local Area
Relax in the tranquillity of the legendary 'West Cork' countryside. The village of Timoleague
on the Argideen River, is surrounded by wooded hills with scenic walks. This is a unique part of Ireland abounding in wildlife and steeped in history and culture. Timoleague is also located on the famous Wild Atlantic Way
a world-famous coastal route that spans seven of Ireland's counties.
Here are a few of the many places to visit during your stay.
- Franciscan Abbey - occupied from 1312 to 1810, first built in the 7th Century
- Castle Gardens - summer opening, very rare plant specimens. The Travers family bought the castle, town and lands in 1820.
- Church of the Nativity of our Lady (1912) Catholic Church - a prime specimen of Romanesque architecture, with one of Harry Clarke's last stain glass windows (1931)
- Church of the Ascension (1811) Church of Ireland - displays magnificent mosaics (1894-1925)
- Bird watching in Courtmacsherry Bay/Timoleague Estuary - many rare migratory birds are found here
- The Michael Collins Centre. A family run interpretive centre and museum, located at Castleview just 3.5km outside of Timoleague. Visitors enjoy a comprehensive presentation on the life and times of Michael Collins, with many artefacts and memorabilia.
- Horse riding in Courtmacsherry and Kilbrittain
- Whale and Dolphin watching tours in nearby village of Courtmacsherry
- Sea Angling, Wind Surfing and Boat Hire (motor and sail) in Courtmacsherry
- The Seven Heads walk in Courtmacsherry and several local walks in Timoleague
- Walking trails in the nearby village of Kilbrittain
- Course Fishing on the Argideen River, Timoleague
- Kinsale, Bandon, Lisselan, Clonakilty and Old Head of Kinsale Golf Courses.
- Pitch-n-Putt course in Garretstown
- Three lively pubs also serving food in Timoleague - Charlies, Pad Joes and Monks Lane
- Fantastic dining on locally sourced produce at Monks Lane in Timoleague
- Dillons Restaurant is currently undergoing a change of ownership (Apr 2021)
Panorama House B&B,
+353 23 884 6248
Cookies are used to ensure you get the best experience on our website. This includes showing information in your local language where available, and e-commerce analytics.